We’ve been hard at work on a few things at Paymo this fall and we’ve got some exciting news. We’re launching a brand new Desktop Widget for time tracking (beta), an Adobe Photoshop panel that lets you track time directly from PS, and, last but not least, a redesigned timesheet report builder.
The new Desktop Widget (beta)
The Desktop Widget is finally back – you can start using it today in beta. Here are some of the key features:
- server-side timers (the web app timer and the widget are now in sync and can be started/stopped from anywhere, mobile app support coming soon)
- stopwatch timer & manual time entry
- daily timesheet overview
- daily totals & time entry grouping
- quickly restart timers for recent tasks
- existing time entry editing
- widget auto-update mechanism
- Windows, Mac and Linux support
- the widget can now be installed directly in Adobe Creative Suite apps (Photoshop, InDesign, InCopy, Illustrator, Premiere Pro) as a panel, details here
The Desktop Widget (beta) is work in progress so you’ll be seeing regular updates before the official launch. We’d like to ask for your input and feedback via the in-app help system. Please report any bugs you might encounter or feel free to send suggestions and feature requests.
(on Windows you might see a warning about Windows protecting your PC, in this case, please click on the “More Info” text in the warning screen then click on button in the bottom right corner that says “Run anyway”)
Redesigned Timesheet Report Builder
Based on your feedback and our observations we’re happy to introduce a new report builder with new features:
- one of the most requested features – flexible grouping (you can now create custom grouping by any item available)
- subgrouping in the report hierarchy (based on the previous selection)
- project status support (you can now create reports for projects based on their status)
- include Project IDs and Task IDs
- a redesigned streamlined look & feel for the report builder
PS: We’re also on Product Hunt here. If you like it, please upvote. Thanks!